Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Printed Stickers but rails still problematic (my fault)

So, after trying about a bazillion different ways to print the stickers, I finally exported them from Google Sketchup as an image and printed that from Corel Painter of all things. It was really a royal pain in my ass. Not blaming anyone but me....

So, I got them home and attached to my rails... And decided that I just couldn't wait to drill them, so I went out into my studio to do the drilling. We've got someone renting the room just above the studio, so I was trying to be quiet... Ha ha, quietly drilling aluminum. Not really two things that go together. I was so loud that I was worried about waking up my fiance in the next building over...

Needless to say, I'm not Mister Handyman or anything and I was distracted by trying to keep it quiet... SO the holes came out pretty darn wobbly. Tomorrow will be Fun with Files.

On other fronts, remember to be gentle with the acrylic. Especially the stage bearing assemblies. I tried putting the nails through them and three of the four cracked. I know there is at least one extra in my box of parts, but this is ridiculous. I will probably try to get away with gluing the ones that dont end up getting replaced.

And last but not least, I over tightened a screw putting on the PTFE bearings and broke a small piece off the z stage where the screw goes it. You'd think that the earlier incident witht he bearing assemblies would have made me cautions, but.... apparently not. again, I think glue will do the trick.

So, my advice is: Go slow kids! Take your time...

No comments:

Post a Comment